No sound from surround speakers - why?

Antworten
Nintendologist
Neues Mitglied

No sound from surround speakers - why?

Beitrag von Nintendologist »

Hi all,

I have been happily enjoying my Loewe Individual 40 LED (SL151, S/W 8.52.0 downloaded from this site) for a few years and decided to add a subwoofer for bass when I watch movies/listen to music videos etc. I managed to purchase a Loewe Subwoofer 525 and a pair of Sound S1 speakers and stands for a very good price from a local Loewe dealer so decided to upgrade to surround sound!

I have connected the subwoofer via Audiolink cable to the TV (with the mode switch to 'manual'), connected the S1 satellites to the rear left & right speaker terminals and then started up the TV and went to the 'sound components' menu to set up the configuration, but I have hit a problem! I choose the front left & right as 'TV speaker', say 'yes' to surround speakers (and set the crossover to 100Hz) and say 'yes' to a subwoofer but when trying to set the levels I get no sound out of the surround speakers (only the subwoofer).

After testing the speakers (and the cable connecting them) I can confirm there are no issues - they produce sound when plugged in to the front channel terminals on the 525 subwoofer and I choose 'external speakers' for front left & right for example. It is strange as there is a low level hiss coming out of the speakers when I connect them properly and you can almost hear them 'click' when you switch the TV (and therefore the subwoofer) off. The subwoofer also produces bass as it should.

I have asked my Loewe dealer to help and they kindly sent someone round to check but they also couldn't understand why the rears weren't working. Am I missing something or is the subwoofer faulty in some way?

Any help would be gratefully received!

Best wishes,

Jon
Loewe Individual 40 Compose 3D Alu-Silver (SL151) + Stereospeaker + Table stand I 40/46 Sound

Loewe Individual 40 Compose Full-HD+ 100 DR+ HG White (L2710) + Table stand

Loewengrube
Danksagung erhalten: Danksagungen

Beitrag von Loewengrube »

And the dealer‘s guy did not test the subwoofer?
I guess the problem is due to it.
Loewe Reference 75 UHD mit Chassis SL420 und Software 5.4.6
Surround-Sound mit T+A KC 550 und 4x T+A K-Mini an Loewe Subwoofer 800
Fritz!Box 7530AX, Apple MacBook Pro, AppleTV 4K, iPad Pro, iPhone 14 Pro
Apple HomePod und HomePod mini, Apple AirPods Pro 2
Synology DS414 mit 4x Western Digital Red 3TB

Loewengrube

Changed title of the thread.

Pretch
Händler/Techniker: ja
Kontakt:

Beitrag von Pretch »

Vielleicht hat der Händler auch das falsche Kabel dazu gegeben. Es gibt 5.1 und 2.1 Audiolink Kabel, ersteres wäre fingerdick, das zweite ist deutlich dünner.

Nintendologist
Neues Mitglied

I didn't think to check the subwoofer was faulty as it was brand new in the box, Loewengrube, but I will try to take it back to the shop if I have no luck with Pretch's point...
Pretch hat geschrieben:Vielleicht hat der Händler auch das falsche Kabel dazu gegeben. Es gibt 5.1 und 2.1 Audiolink Kabel, ersteres wäre fingerdick, das zweite ist deutlich dünner.
This might just be it! I was given a shorter 1.5m Audiolink cable as I didn't want to try and hide all the excess from the 6m that came in the box and I just checked and it is thinner than the ones I see when I look on Google images! I'll swap them over and report back :)

Vielen Dank, Pretch!
Loewe Individual 40 Compose 3D Alu-Silver (SL151) + Stereospeaker + Table stand I 40/46 Sound

Nintendologist
Neues Mitglied

Ein gutes Neues Jahr :)

I wanted to start 2019 as I mean to go on by thanking Pretch and Loewengrube for their advice. I got the correct 5.1 cable from my dealer, connected it and after switching the whole system off and on the subwoofer started producing bass again and the rear speakers now work. A couple of films were enjoyed over the Christmas period in surround sound :thumbsupcool:

Vielen Dank,

Jon

Loewengrube

Great and as expected :thumbsupcool:

Antworten

Zurück zu „Chassis SL1xx Baujahr 2010 - 2013“