HDMI handshake issue Apple TV bild 5 OLED

Antworten
MikeBrown1
Mitglied
Danksagung erhalten: Danksagungen

HDMI handshake issue Apple TV bild 5 OLED

Beitrag von MikeBrown1 »

I have recently purchased an Apple TV 4K connected via HDMI 4
When I switch source to watch streamed content from the box the picture sometimes breaks up/flashes. I have previously had a similar issue with an Amazon Fire Stick
Switching the TV off and restarting with the box powered up seems to sort the issue and then the picture is fine? Digital Link is enabled.
Any thoughts please?
Thanks

designdisorder
Mitglied

Beitrag von designdisorder »

I can confirm the same issue here on bild 7. So far Apple TV always had issues with flickering images on my end, sometimes more sometimes less. But this seems to be a general issue that also impacts my PS4 which runs on another HDMI. It‘s almost like the more often you switch back and forth between the different inputs, at some point it gets unstable and the only option is a shutdown and restart. This was one of the reasons I turned instant startup off, because it would generate more of these issues due to the missing power down. As long as Loewe is not bringing back their software team, I guess there is no hope for a fix at this point.
bild 7.65, klang 5, bild 3.55, Connect 55 UHD SL410, ATV4K, Legro, AlphaCrypt Light mit One4All 2.50, SAT, Sky, ORF, HD+, Synology NAS, PS4 Pro

MikeBrown1
Mitglied

Beitrag von MikeBrown1 »

designdisorder hat geschrieben:I can confirm the same issue here on bild 7. So far Apple TV always had issues with flickering images on my end, sometimes more sometimes less. But this seems to be a general issue that also impacts my PS4 which runs on another HDMI. It‘s almost like the more often you switch back and forth between the different inputs, at some point it gets unstable and the only option is a shutdown and restart. This was one of the reasons I turned instant startup off, because it would generate more of these issues due to the missing power down. As long as Loewe is not bringing back their software team, I guess there is no hope for a fix at this point.
Thank you; I have a Oppo connected via HDMI 1 which appears unaffected. I was thinking of trying using a Belkin Ultra HD HDMI cable which are apparently good if pricey, however I am not sure if this will make a difference as once the image is sorted following start up it works faultlessly??

designdisorder
Mitglied

Maybe one additional observation: both ATV and PS4 Pro run at 4k and so far I have seen this behavior on 4k inputs only. Switching back to TV always works fine.
bild 7.65, klang 5, bild 3.55, Connect 55 UHD SL410, ATV4K, Legro, AlphaCrypt Light mit One4All 2.50, SAT, Sky, ORF, HD+, Synology NAS, PS4 Pro

MikeBrown1
Mitglied

Beitrag von MikeBrown1 »

designdisorder hat geschrieben:Maybe one additional observation: both ATV and PS4 Pro run at 4k and so far I have seen this behavior on 4k inputs only. Switching back to TV always works fine.

I am currently experimenting by turning the OFF setting on the ATV to never (ie it never goes into sleep mode) and disabling the TV's Digital Link as I am sure its a switching/communication issue and is it would seem known to affect other makes of TV
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich beim Autor MikeBrown1 für den Beitrag:
designdisorder

designdisorder
Mitglied

I agree, it seems to be related to switching/syncing the HDMI sources. Maybe you test both (standby and disabling digital link) separately. Let us know how things works out.

MikeBrown1
Mitglied

Beitrag von MikeBrown1 »

designdisorder hat geschrieben:I agree, it seems to be related to switching/syncing the HDMI sources. Maybe you test both (standby and disabling digital link) separately. Let us know how things works out.
I will keep you updated. I have in addition done the following: In the video settings menu set to 4K SDR and enable Dolby Vision. Enable the Auto Frame rate matching settings.
The box will switch to the correct frame rate when it receives the appropriate signal, whereas before when selecting 4K HDR it remained permanently in HDR 60 hz regardless of the source

Interestingly the home screen now indicates Dolby Vision at 50 hz as opposed to 60 hz. I read that the 60 hz 4K settings is at the limit of most 2.0 18gbps cables. I am ordering the Belkin Ultra HD cable which can handle 48gbps which is apparently pretty much bomb proof with the Apple 4K box

Currently switching appears stable but its early days!

MikeBrown1
Mitglied

Beitrag von MikeBrown1 »

designdisorder hat geschrieben:I agree, it seems to be related to switching/syncing the HDMI sources. Maybe you test both (standby and disabling digital link) separately. Let us know how things works out.
I would advise purchasing a Belkin HDMI AV10175bt2M-BLK which will eliminate any HDMI compatibility issues

MikeBrown1
Mitglied

Beitrag von MikeBrown1 »

Pleased to report no longer any issues with the Apple Box.

To confirm:

The ATV is set to go into sleep mode after 15mins (default). Digital link enabled. Video settings were reset and 4K SDR / Dolby Vision /match frame rate enabled as per previous advice. New Belkin Ultra High Speed cable employed.

Connected via HDMI 4

Hope this helps

MikeBrown1
Mitglied

Beitrag von MikeBrown1 »

MikeBrown1 hat geschrieben:Pleased to report no longer any issues with the Apple Box.

To confirm:

The ATV is set to go into sleep mode after 15mins (default). Digital link enabled. Video settings were reset and 4K SDR / Dolby Vision /match frame rate enabled as per previous advice. New Belkin Ultra High Speed cable employed.

Connected via HDMI 4

Hope this helps
Update: Do not enable DV in the video settings just reset to 4K SDR and the TV will adjust when it gets the appropriate signal. NB. The Apple home screens will be in SDR however this eliminates the issue with the box remaining locked in DV/HDR when switching.

raverke95
Routinier
Händler/Techniker: ja

Beitrag von raverke95 »

I must have a similar setup like you: Loewe bild 5.65 OLED, Apple TV 4K, Subwoofer 800.

The Apple TV's startup screen is setted up in 4K60 DV. Match frame rate is also enabled (did this to avoid stuttering picture in some 24Hz movies)
The TV's info bar above the screen also mentions 4K60 and the Dolby Vision logo appears. It works perfectly.

But, in the past I also had flickering images with "digital coloured noise". I remember a firmware what should have a solution for this annoying behavior. This didn't solve it at all.
So I bought an HDMI cable compatible with 4K60 Dolby Vision. Brandless, I ordered it from Aswo.

I connected that cable, also on HDMI 4, switched the TV off an on with the main switch, before I had removed the AppleTV from the 230V, connected it again when the tv was on. After doing that (about a year ago?) I've never seen that flickering picture again. The Apple TV is used more times a week.
Loewe bild 5.65 OLED Eiche Silber im Wohnzimmer ; Loewe Reference 55 SL320 -> SL420 im Schlafzimmer; Loewe Individual 46 SL220 im Büro; Loewe connect 26 LED SL120 im Badenzimmer :D ;NvidiaShield 2017; Apple TV 4K HDR; Subwoofer 300; Subwoofer 800; Speaker 2 Go; Klang S3; Uhrenradio SU300; Loewe Opta Thalia Schwarz-Weiss fernseher im Schrank 1957 und Loewe Opta F921 Rohren Farb Fernseher 1968

MikeBrown1
Mitglied

Beitrag von MikeBrown1 »

I agree with you in that it would appear that the use of a suitable HDMI is imperative. My original HDMI cable (Syncwire) was capable of 18gbps whereas the Belkin Ultra High speed is rated at 48gbps. Since using the Belkin everything has been faultless even though the Syncwire displayed DV with no issues from my Oppo.
The only reason I set my box to 4K SDR was following advice from a Mac forum as this is a known issue re the box sometimes not correctly matching the source dynamic range for eg playing back in HDR when the source is in fact SD.
Anyway all is now well and the TV is performing faultlessly especially since I ditched the Amazon 4K stick which caused me endless issues
Hope everyone in Germany is staying safe

Antworten

Zurück zu „Chassis SL4xx (bild 1-9, Connect UHD, Art UHD, One UHD) Baujahr 2016 - ...“