DR+ recording with two CA modules

Antworten
Jedimaster64
Neues Mitglied

Beitrag von Jedimaster64 »

(sorry to do this in English, my German writing is not so good; I can read it well so please feel free to answer in German :) ).

Ziggo in the Netherlands about a year ago changed its DVB-C digital recording policy with the result that nightly decoding was no longer possible. But if immediate decoding is done, it is more or less ok. The disadvantage is that during recording you cannot change channel because the CA module is in use.

I recently moved from a Connect 37 to a Connect 40 3D. One of the reasons for changing is the 2 CI+-slots the new Connect has. I was hoping that I could do decoding with one of the CA-modules and that I could use the other one for watching another channel.

At least in the 7.9 software this does not seem to work. It reports CA module in use. Is this known? Or am I doing something wrong?

fswerkstatt
Spezialist
Händler/Techniker: ja
Danksagung erhalten: Danksagungen
Kontakt:

Beitrag von fswerkstatt »

The purpose of the second slot is to be able to use two different cards, not to watch one scrambled program and record another one.
Actually It isn't possible to decode two different programs at the same time! It's a matter of the way the signal is processed.
bild 7.55 OLED SL420 β-SW (DVB-S, DVB-C), TSM, Home Cinema Set 2.1, Mediavision 3D, FireTV Stick 4k
Connect 55 UHD SL420 β-SW (SAT>IP, DVB-T2)
We. See 32 SL810 β-SW (DVB-T2)
Xelos 32 SL DR+ L2715 (DVB-C)

Spielzimmer
Spezialist
Danksagung erhalten: Danksagungen

Beitrag von Spielzimmer »

No, it's no fault, it works as designed.

As written here in an other thread, the Loewe is still not able to decode more than one scrambled signal at a time. This has nothing to do with the amount of CA-Moduls plugged but with the used hardware inside. Probably theres only one bus with a limited transfer rate from the CA-Terminal to the Video-PU or at least only one Prozessing Unit for the scrambled signals...I don't know, but it's for sure still a limitation of the hardware...maybe the next generation can fix this problem :us:
bild 5.55 (SL520) & Connect 48 (SL420) beide mit ß-Software, Sub 525 an DAL, Panas. 24", DVB-S & DVB-C, Sky Q, Synology-NAS, Apple-tv 4k,

Jedimaster64
Neues Mitglied

Beitrag von Jedimaster64 »

Thanks for the clear answers! (although a bit disappointing :us: )

skampi

Beitrag von skampi »

Jedimaster64 hat geschrieben:Thanks for the clear answers! (although a bit disappointing :us: )
Have you tried to use another CAM that not has the same restrictions like the original one? Probably such a CAM will not disable the capability for night decoding (I wouldn't vouch for it, as I haven't tried it out myself).

musschem
Neues Mitglied

Beitrag von musschem »

That is not possible skampi,

Ziggo changes their code every hour or so, so afterwards decoding is not possible.
This was a big discussion here in the netherlands Loewe vs. Ziggo.

Michel

Robbert

Beitrag von Robbert »

There are some publications on the web claiming that DR+ for Ziggo users is reinstated again and that nightly decoding is an option again. This would have been incorporated as of 7.5 or 7.9. Although it was a Ziggo unsupported workaround, it obviously was worthwhile publishing for some dealers. I tried it, but first attempts have been unsuccesful. I checked with Loewe Belgium whether the publications perhaps were unfounded rumours and if not, what I should do to effectuate the option.

Today Loewe replied the reinstatement of nightly decoding only works in specific Ziggo areas, therefore it is perfectly well possible that nightly decoding still does not work.

http://www.kreutz.nl/nieuwsbrief/3/

Antworten

Zurück zu „DR+ und Netzwerk-Fragen“